We're hiring for HVAC Technicians! Send us your resume!
Leads trouble-shooting and repair efforts on commercial grade heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and multi-zone systems that incorporate pneumatic, electronic, and/or programmable logic controls. Creates drawings or plans for HVAC modifications, and leads the installation of components that require controls programming and linkage to the campus central control system.
Duties and Responsibilities
◦ Leads lower level HVAC technicians in troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of commercial air conditioning and multi-zone heating and cooling systems that incorporate pneumatic, digital, and central energy management system controls.
◦ Develops heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system modification plans and estimates jobs for remodel activities.
◦ Creates preventive maintenance checklists for new equipment.
◦ Interprets as-built building blueprints and recommends system modifications for remodel projects in accordance with applicable regulations.
◦ Researches and selects materials for HVAC systems installation, repair, and maintenance.
◦ Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
◦ Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
• Ability to prepare engineering documents, specifications and cost estimates for projects.
• Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
• Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
• Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
• Ability to develop heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system modification plans.
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
• Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
• Documents and tracks preventive maintenance activities.
• Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
• Detailed knowledge of HVAC systems that incorporate digital control systems and are linked to a multi-building, computer-based Energy Management and Control System. (EMCS).
• Estimating jobs, layout, material research and selection;
• Interpreting structural, mechanical and electrical building prints;
• Troubleshooting and repairing commercial and multi-zone heating and cooling systems;
• Creating maintenance checklists;
• Leading junior technicians in complex repair work
Conditions of Employment
• Must maintain certification status.
• Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Possession of a valid Tennessee driver's license is a requirement for this job.
• Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
• Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
• Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.